Just a word........

This blog is an attempt at archiving visuals of the quilts I make. I hope you will enjoy perusing the offerings. I will also try to give a narrative description of the quilt and some thingsI learned making it. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Kate's Flower Garden

 
 Kate turned 12 on September 7th.  I thought it was about time she had a little more grown up quilt.  She chose the blocks -- Lily of the Valley, Wildflower, and Morning Glory -- and the colors -- blue, yellow, and green.  Although it was somewhat difficult, it was actually harder to get a decent picture of it than to make it.  It was finished on August 29th and she seemed to be very happy with it.  The blocks would have been nearly impossible for me to piece, so I opted to applique them.  It needed about 7 inches to make it long enough, so I tried the little squares from scraps in the quilt.  I think it turned out pretty good.  It is twin size and machine quilted.

No comments:

Post a Comment