Just a word........

This blog is an attempt at archiving visuals of the quilts I make. I hope you will enjoy perusing the offerings. I will also try to give a narrative description of the quilt and some thingsI learned making it. Thanks for stopping by.

Monday, September 12, 2011

Noel Carolyn Payne's baby quilt

 


Noel was born July 4th 2011.  I could have gone with a patriotic theme for her baby quilt, but somehow I thought she would probably have enough of that in her lifetime.  She has 6 sisters (one is waiting in heaven for the rest of the family) and 1 brother.  I decided bunnies for her mostly because her oldest sister Kate got bunnies on her baby quilt.  Some of the fabrics in the quilt were used in the other childrens quilts and dresses I made along the way.  It is hand quilted and I finished it on September 8th just a couple of hours before we had to leave for the airport to come back home.  Noel wasn't very verbal in her appreciation of the quilt, but when I laid her on it to try it out, she snuggled right down and went to sleep.  Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. You are such a sweet grandma, miss you and miss quilting with you.

    ReplyDelete