Just a word........

This blog is an attempt at archiving visuals of the quilts I make. I hope you will enjoy perusing the offerings. I will also try to give a narrative description of the quilt and some thingsI learned making it. Thanks for stopping by.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Strawberries, just strawberries

Lily wanted strawberries on her 4 year old quilt.  Ok.  So, this one took quite a bit of thinking and I think I really like what I came up with.  I decided that I would have blocks 1-9 with the corresponding number of strawberries in each.  The pink striped material I found down in Penn Yan at one of the Mennonite shops.  Then I took a pattern called the flower basket and made blocks and added strawberries to the middle. 


I love my Baby Loc!  I love that tear away paper called Golden Threads.  I love in-line quilting!  It was a fun quilt to make. 

2 comments:

  1. So cute Pam! I love that you are sharing your quilts, I just wish I could be there to help you, those were good times. I love the strawberries in the squares, very clever :)
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't even noticed that the number of strawberries went up. Lily will be so excited, since counting is her favorite thing. Lily loves the quilt. It is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete